Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How it all started.

I was eight years old, up at the lake house in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I used to hear my cousins rip up and down the street on their bikes. I would walk down to the sand pits with my uncles just to watch them. Dirt flying everywhere. Every brand of bike you could imagine; KTM, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda. It was unimaginable. The boys were flying and flipping through the air as they hit the jumps. All I wanted to do was be on the back. I had to get one.
That day my cousin Robbie came up to me on his Kawasaki 250 and told me to hop on the back. (Remember that i am eight and a 250 is a pretty big bike for an eight year old) So my uncle picked me up and put me on the back of the bike. The bike started, he stepped down in 1st gear and we were off. I was holding on to Robbie for dear life. He took me around the track and then we came to a jump. All my uncles are screaming "Don't do that with her on the back!!", but he went for it anyways. 
My heart was pounding, so i squeezed Robbie tighter. We were in the air, maybe for only 30 seconds, but it was the feeling of a lifetime. It felt so free. When we hit the ground we were back to reality. We rode back to the lake house. I was still in shock, and so ecstatic that he let me be on the back. Dirt biking has been my passion since that day. It is now my life.
From that day on I knew I had to get my own. Robbie came with me to get my first dirt bike. We got it from one of his friends for only $800. I was pumped. It/ She was in perfect condition. She is a Yamaha TTR 125 LE. I love that bike more then anything. All the way from the glossy blue color, to the sound of the 4-stroke engine in her. Absolutely beautiful. She is treated like royalty but only after given a beating. 
Keep reading to learn more and more about my experiences and viewpoints. Dirt bike chicks are rare to find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment